If you’re anything like me, you love pizza. It’s tasty, cheesy and meaty (optional). I even like it with pineapple on it!
Unfortunately, fat loss and pizza, don’t tend to compliment each other. Not to mention a takeaway will set you back a few quid.
However, you can have your cake (pizza) and eat it too! Below is my healthier recipe that will get your taste buds firing, save you a few £££ and will be good to your waist line!
- 1 wholemeal wrap
- 5 tablespoons tomato passata or chopped canned tomatoes
- sprinkle Italian herb mix
- Wafer thin ham
- Sliced mushrooms
- Chopped low fat mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. If you have one, preheat a pizza stone/pizza tray.
- Bake the wrap at a medium temperature for around 10 minutes, turning over halfway through so it is light brown and slightly crispy. Meanwhile, lightly fry the sliced mushrooms until cooked how you like them.
- Take the wrap out of the oven and cover it with the passata. Tear the ham into the desired sizes and spread around the pizza with the sliced mushrooms. Add the mozzarella and then sprinkle the herbs over evenly.
- Put the pizza back in the oven for a further 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Take out of the oven and enjoy!
If you fancy making your own pizza with different toppings, make sure that meats like chicken, bacon, sausage etc are cooked properly before you put them on your pizza!
Below is a few I made earlier, Enjoy!
Much love, JF
July 21st, 2017 by Jack Foster
back to blog